Tactical Direct Action Decision Support App.
This is a first design document.
Alternative title: actfast -- fast action & response crowd planning
Provide a tool to activists that…
- enables situational awareness / tactical decision support for mid - large scale actions
- is low friction to foster information crowd sourcing
- provides GIS tooling for direct action planning
- replaces Twitter (and other platforms that are general purpose / untrusted / commercial) as action-related news source
- is low trust & resilient to censorship or sabotage
- mark situations of interest with location
- advertise planned actions and calls for action
- notify about danger / call for support
- replicate evidence footage of rights violations
- publish public web feed?
- based on peer-to-peer network with multiple transports (Briar?)
- provides some degree of anonymity and/or plausible deniability
- trusted/untrusted nodes receive different amounts of info
- action days can have different trust models?
- Tier1: Transport: Bluetooth, …?
- Tier2: P2P Network
- Tier3: Trust / Crypto
- Tier4: State / Content
- Tier5: UI
Tier 1-3 are implemented already in apps like Briar. Is this reusable?
Ideally Tier 1-4 (or at least 3-4) would be implemented in a reusable SDK.
All kinds of info have a timestamp, location (direction?) & TTL.
- Infrastructure (blockades, weak spots, support centers, …)
- Planned action (textual, public/confidential)
- Call for action / support
- Call for urgent help (logistics / medical / psych / legal)
- Rights Violation (evidence)
- Information trust through votes?
- Staleness filter (UI only?)
- Consolidation of duplicate entries (UI only?)
- Different models selectable for each action day / project
In all models, the p2p nets’ outside environment is untrusted (IP network, radio footprinting, …)
Peers added in person are trusted (opportunity for key exchange!)
A node can vote on trust in others, advertise its own compromise
Confidential info (own location, planned actions) is pushed to trusted peers only